Since my boy's Bday this year was on 4th Raya, so I just make extra icing on top and put the Birds for fun. Normally, no icing. Just cheese....
- 250g Butter, chopped
- 200g block dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted hazelnuts (this is optional) no nuts also fine.
- 250g cream cheese
- 50g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 100 g white chocolate, melted
- 2 table spoon plain flour (if you forget to add later on also OK)
- blueberries/raspberries/chopped strawberries
- Line the base and sides of your 20 - 23cm square slab cake pan with greasing paper.
- Pre-heat Oven 180 C
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and water in a pan, Stir over low fire or double boil until chocolate melts. Remove; cool down.
- Whisk in sifted flours and cocoa, then eggs, then hazelnuts (i prefer mixing the ingredients using hand mixer)
- Pour in prepared pan. Bake for 1/2 hour (test with your toothpick ok)
- To prepare cheese topping, beat cream cheese, butter, castor sugar, egg whites, cooled white chocolates and flour using mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the berries. Just stir using spoon.
- After your chocolate base baked, spread the cheese topping on top and back into the oven. Set the oven to heat 'Top' only.
- Baked the top for 15-20 minutes and test with toothpick to confirm.
- DONE! Cooled cake is more heavenly indulged.